Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jose Antonio Avenue

"...nada queda de las vueltas que el tiempo nos dió..." ("...nothing remains from the turnings of life...")

It's funny how something can even change the perspective of a place that you walked by each day for so many years. So familiar. So well-known.

"...y es tan frágil la voz, y es tan débil que soy..." ("...and the voice is so frail, and I'm so feeble...")

All the lines, though infinite, do have a starting point. All the circles, though they never end or break, do have a point that has more ink: the point where someone started drawing it. Sometimes, that place is not so precise, hard to locate or situate in the map of memory... but there are times when that particular starting point is a physical and tangible place... you can go back there anytime, draw it or take pictures of it if you wish to. Now, here, I observe that starting point. A place where I spent so many years, somehow a big and important part of who I am now; one long street, the bus station, some swings, parked cars. A starting point, the first point of this circle, of this line. It's like if in this particular place on Earth I could condense my life... my past joins my present. This was the beginning.

[...] In the same way, this moment, this "now", will be kept in the memory too with Bunbury's music in the background and the echo of a voice I don't want, or even know how, to forget. Eternal Present. This is where everything began. Turning points. I never thought this particular and familiar place would ever be this special, never thought this place will ever be where Destiny would put another important turning point in my life. This is maybe why anytime I stare at some place for quite a long time I wonder if, in some uncertain future, it will acquire a whole new, and special, meaning. Just like this. This is where the circle where I am now started... and it'll "never end or break".
Jose Antonio Avenue. Laredo (Cantabria).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home